Does your living space need a little decluttering? These living room organization ideas are both pretty and functional.
Keeping your living room organized can be both practical and beautiful with these pretty storage solutions. Today I’m sharing some of my favorite ways to keep our living room tidy using pretty organization tools and decor.
(This post contains affiliate links, so I may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on my site at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Are you still in winter hibernation mode? While the weather is still a little chilly, it’s the perfect time to organize your living room space.
I’m all about organized spaces and pretty spaces, and when you can combine those two things you have a recipe for a well-appointed room that’s not just functional but also beautiful.
I love pretty texture and woven materials and you can incorporate lots of texture, color and interest into your living room decor with the items you choose to organize with. So follow along for some of my favorite living room organizers that will also make your living room beautiful.
1. Use Decorative Lidded Boxes to Store Small Items.
I love to use pretty storage boxes to corral small items in our living room. Items such as remote controls, pens and notebooks, or other frequently used items can be hidden away in pretty lidded boxes.
These rattan hinged lidded boxes are some of my favorites. I keep ours on our built-in shelves, but they would also be pretty stacked on your coffee table, sofa table, or console.
2. Choose a Side Table with Storage Features.
Don’t forget functional furniture as a storage option in your living room. One fun thing to consider is how your side tables can also serve as storage. There are lots of terrific storage side table options available, but these are some of my favorites.
Look for side tables that have a lower shelf area as well as drawer space for hidden storage. The lower shelf can hold a basket that provides additional storage.
- This dark wood book table is perfect for storing favorite books.
- A beautiful 2-tiered tray table for storing books and magazines.
- Add a small basket to this painted 3-tiered end table for handy storage.
3. Utilize Large Decorative Storage Baskets to Keep an Organized Space.
Large oversized storage baskets are perfect for storing all of your favorite blankets and decorative throws. They make it easy way to reach these items on chilly evenings without taking up extra space on your sofas.
Baskets add texture to your living room, and are a terrific storage solution for larger items such as extra throw pillows.
You can use them for storing firewood, seasonal greenery, or even your favorite magazines and books.
4. Corral Firewood by Your Fireplace in a Decorative Firewood Holder.
If you have a wood-burning fireplace, you need a space to hold your firewood inside.
There are lots of creative options, but these are some of my favorite ways to hold your firewood while it waits to be added to the perfect roaring fire.
- This wrought iron log holder adds a more rustic look to your hearth.
- This brass firewood holder will brighten your hearth area.
- I love this woven log holder for a classic and cozy look.
5. Cabinets and Credenzas add hidden storage in your Living Space.
I love our built-in shelves in our living room for displaying our favorite books, photos, and other decorative items and knickknacks. But sometimes you just need closed storage. A tall cabinet is perfect for housing board games, videos, or other items that you need to access easily. You can even store extra vases, decorative items, and candles in these cabinets.
They’re such a great way to add vertical space and increase your storage potential in your living room, all while adding style and beauty!
This Cane Storage Cabinet adds classic style to your room while providing beautiful storage.
6. Decorative Trays Add Interest and Corral Items on Your Coffee Table.
I love a pretty tray on our coffee table. We have a large thrifted vintage coffee table.
I like to divide the surface of the coffee table into sections when I’m decorating. Large decorative trays are perfect for sectioning off the areas on our coffee table. I keep favorite books, journals, and magazines in our trays, but you can also use them as decorative accents that hold seasonal items and flower arrangements.
There are so many different types of trays to add to your coffee table, from wicker or rattan options, to wood, metal, or even trays with beautiful inlay patterns.
- This woven round tray with handles is a pretty option.
- A scalloped tray adds coastal charm.
- This burled wood tray adds a rich classic look.
7. Using a Storage Ottoman Is a Great Way to Provide Comfort and Storage in Your Seating Area.
An ottoman is the perfect place to rest your feet at the end of a long day, but it can be functional as well. Look for storage ottomans with removable lids that can store items inside.
Whether you choose a woven textured look, or a woven or printed pattern, you can find a beautiful option that looks perfect in your room.
- This square linen-look ottoman has a lift-off lid.
- This large round storage ottoman is large enough to serve as a coffee table.
- This woven storage ottoman adds a relaxed cozy look to your space.
8. Toy Storage Can be Functional and Pretty.
If you have small children at home, you know that toys tend to make their way into the living room space. However, the toys don’t have to be on display all day long! Look for ways to store the toys out of sight for those times when your children are not using them.
Storing commonly and frequently used toys behind a door or in a drawer or bin will calm the chaos and add a little order to your space.
These large lidded bins are perfect for calming the toy chaos in your living room.
I hope these living room organizers inspire you to do a little decluttering project in your own living space. Which is your favorite item to use in your own living room to keep your space in order? I’d love to hear in the comments!